Sunday, June 20, 2010

DCS drug tests and parental rights?

my ex husband and i both have to take a hair strand drug test for DCS. has anybody had to do this and if we both fail it will they automatically yank our rights? i have only slipped a couple of times in the past 90 days but my ex has abused his prescriptions for years. he is basically an addict that gets prescribed, im really trying to do better and i dont think its fair that he can get his oxys prescribed when all he does is abuse them



DCS drug tests and parental rights?

Well from a ongoing family experience, My brother is a Oxy addict, his soon-to-be ex wife is a crack head hooker which is now over 7 months pregnant( not by my brother, he is "fixed" thank God). Well my brother had custody of the kids and someone called DCS on him, they showed up and requested a drug test, he said get a warrant, they took the kids. Needless to say the kids have been in foster care for over 1 year. There are 4 girls ranging from 3-12 and they want me to take custody of them so that they are not kept in the system any longer. The best thing that I can tell you is to be honest with them because if you are not honest with them this is not benefiting your kids. Get some help for both you and your husband, because Oxy is one of the top 5 abused prescription drug. You both have to want the help, which means admitting that you have a problem and then starting from there. I know from experience just what drugs can do I am a 15 year recovered cocaine addict and that snake will come bite you back if you don't take care of it now. Good Luck hope all works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Scooter